Want to learn more about how to start a community supported agriculture (CSA) program? How about learning how to expand your existing CSA and make it more sustainable and successful?
If you answered yes, then the Thinking Inside the Box: Growing CSAs across the Tri-State Region Conference, is a place to find answers to those and other CSA questions.
Experts with The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) in collaboration with Purdue University, and Michigan State University, will host the conference Nov 12 and 13, 2022 in Fort Wayne, IN.
The goal, said Christie Welch, who is an organizer of the event, is to assist our CSA operators take advantage of the increased demand by consumers for a convenient and safe way to access the locally produced foods they have come to expect. This conference will provide an opportunity for producers to learn from their peers who have successfully operated CSAs for years as well as hear from extension experts on a variety of topics.
You will hear directly from industry leaders and learn more ways to make your CSA more successful.
Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Hawkins Family Farm tour from 9 – 11 a.m. (drive yourself and meet at the farm at 9 am EST, Hawkins Family Farm 10373 N 300 E, North Manchester, IN 46962). This $25 workshop will include meeting the Hawkins family to learn about their CSA operation and food safety plan on their farm.
- Registration begins at 1 p.m. EST; visit vendors' booths until theTri-State CSA conference begins at 2 p.m. at the Purdue Ft. Wayne Campus Ballroom 2101 East Coliseum Boulevard Ft. Wayne, IN 46805
- Saturday's speakers and breakout sessions will have beginner and more advanced topics to choose from throughout the day, culminating in a delicious local food catered dinner 6:30 -7:30 p.m. and local brewery selections for our networking time ending at 9 p.m. Take the time to visit vendors and other farmers and make connections during this event.
Sunday, November 13, 2022
- Breakfast is served at 7:30 a.m. with a session beginning at 8:10 a.m. at Purdue Ft Wayne Campus Ballroom
- Enjoy Keynote speakers, local resources, and breakout sessions throughout the day.
- Lunch is served at Noon.
- Adjourn at 4:30 p.m.
Check out the agenda: https://southcenters.osu.edu/sites/southc/files/site-library/site-images/CSA%20Conference%20Agenda.pdf
Click here for registration information: https://web.cvent.com/event/e40d5530-3155-4716-b76a-f12bc9da4b2d/summary