Tri-State Green Industry Conference (GIC)
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Sharonville Convention Center
11355 Chester Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45246
The Tri-State Green Industry Conference (GIC) has been offered annually for over 85 years. From its humble beginnings in a greenhouse head house, the GIC has grown to become a premier regional training event with 7 educational tracks.
The GIC has experienced four consecutive years of record-breaking attendance because it provides high-value training at a fixed, reasonable fee. Thanks to funds generated through our trade show and program sponsorships, the $80.00 pre-registration fee has remained the same since 2010!
To Register Online, See "Tri-State GIC Online Registration" under "More Information" below.
Pre-Registration discount ends at midnight, next Thursday, January 24th
Practical Educational Training (see "Schedule At-A-Glance" under "More Information" below)
- 7 Education Tracks: Annuals & Perennials; Tree & Shrub Care; Turfgrass Management; Garden Center & Greenhouse Innovation; General Pest & Disease Management; Emerging Ideas & Issues; and Landscape Ecosystems.
- Keynote Speaker – "The State of Trees," Dr. Dan Herms, Vice President of Research & Development, The Davey Tree Expert Company.
Professional Credits and CEUs
Pesticide Applicator Recertification (see "Credits At-A-Glance" under "More Information" below)
- Ohio Commercial Applicator Credits (19 hrs. Total for the Program): 5 hrs. CORE; 5.5 hrs. 6A; 3 hrs. 8; 2 hrs. 6D; 1 hr. 3A; 1 hr. 10D; 1 hr. 5; 0.5 hr. 4A
- Ohio Private Applicator Credits (18 hrs. Total for the Program): 5 hrs. CORE; 6 hrs. 4; 5 hrs. 7; 2 hrs. 6D
- Kentucky Credits: 3 General Hours; 2 Specific Hours; Categories – 3, 10, 12, 18, 20
- Indiana Credits: 2-Forest Pest Control (4); 3A-Ornamental Pest Management (4); 3B-Turf Pest Management (4); 5-Aquatic Pest Management (3); 6-Industrial Weed Management (5); 7A-Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health Related Pest Management (4); RT-Registered Technician (4)
Other Professional Credits:
- Ohio Landscape Architects Board CEUs: all presentations approved
- Ohio Nursery and Landscape Association (ONLA), Ohio Certified Nursery Technician (OCNT): 1 ONLA OCNT Credit
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA): 20 Presentations Approved; For available CEUs See "ISA Credits At-A-Glance" under "More Information" below)
The Trade Show is open throughout the event. However, the exhibitors become the focus of attention during lunch ("Lunch and Dessert with Trade Show Exhibitors") and two breaks ("Beverage Break in the Trade Show").
The Tri-State Green Industry Conference is a collaborative educational effort between:
Ohio State University Extension
University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
The Boone County Arboretum
Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum
Questions? Call Julie Crook (513) 946-8998, or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org