Lead Editor: Curtis Young; Contributing Authors: Pam Bennett, Joe Boggs, Julie Crook, Jim Chatfield, Erik Draper, Gary Gao,Denise Johnson, Tim Malinich, Cindy Meyer, Amy Stone, Marne Titchenell and Curtis Young.
Plants of The Week
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Sweet Alyssum); Perennial (Common Thrift); Woody (White Fringetree); Vegetable (Spinach); and Weed (Poison Hemlock).
2. HORT SHORTS: Growing Degree Days (GDD); The World Turned Upside Down; Cold Injuries to Blackberries and Other Fruit Crops; Helping Landscape Plants Recover from Frost and Freeze Damage; Strolling along with Strobili; and Yellow-bellied Sap Sucker.
3. BUG BYTES: Tent Caterpillar Update; European Pine Sawfly Update; White-Marked Tussock Moth; Roseslugged Leaves (Bristly Roseslug Sawfly); Oystershell Scale on Knockouts; and Windshield Wipes (European Fruit Lecanium and Boxwood Leafminer).
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Powdery Mildew Diseases; and Cedar Quince Rust on Juniper.
5. TURF TIPS: Seedy Lawns; and OSU Extension Youtube Channel Includes Turf Videos and More.
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Protecting Honey Bees from Pesticides; and "Get Your Green Industry Fix" Webinars.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: 19th Annual Plant Discovery Day; and 2012 Commercial New Applicator Training Scheduled.
This is the 5th 2012 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.