This is the 26th 2014 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Ornamental Peppers); Perennial (Red Beauty Yarrow); Woody (Winterthur Viburnum); Vegetable (Pumpkins); and Weed (Common Pokeweed).
2. HORT SHORTS: A Walk on the Wildside: Fall Migration Underway and A Walk on the Wildside: Protecting Trees from Deer Rubs.
3. BUGBYTES: Fall Home Invaders and Twig Girdler.
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Palm Trees Called Tomatoes! and Tales of the Kingdom Fungi: Lichens.
5. TURF TIPS: A Dalliance Of Fescue?
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Arboreatum Feast, Part Deux: Maple Syrup Tasting is Added to the Mix!; Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Training - October 8; The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course (Formerly the Nursery Short. Course) December 9 - 11; and Tri-State Green Industry Conference.