This is the 20th 2014 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Lobelia); Perennial (Joe-Pye Weed); Woody (Katsuratree); Vegetable (Potato); and Weed (Horsetail).
2. HORT SHORTS: Bobcats in Ohio; Troubles with Bird Feeder Bandits? There's a Factsheet for That!; Diagnostic Lightning Round
3. BUGBYTES: Elm Sawfly; Gypsy Moth Update
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Dreaded Late Blight In Northeast Ohio; What Exactly Do You See?
5. TURF TIPS: Rust On Turfgrass; Turfgrass Research Really Topnotch
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: EAB Treatments Do Not Produce Super Trees; Asian Longhorned Beetle Awareness Month, Part 3; 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course.
7. WEATHERWATCH: Weather Update.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Pesticide Safety Training - August 27; Plant Trials Day at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden - August 28; Ohio Plant Diagnostic Workshop: Second Notice - September 5; Farm Science Review; Pesticide Safety Training – September 24; Arboreatum Feast #2; Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Training - October 8; The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course (Formerly the Nursery Short Course) December 9 – 11.