This is the 22nd 2014 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Dahlia); Perennial (Ferns); Woody (Seven-Son Flower); Vegetable (Beet); and Weed (Spurge).
2. HORT SHORTS: Meet the Educator - Curtis E. Young.
3. BUGBYTES: Oak Leaf Blister Mite; Walnut Cats; Hollyhock or Hibiscus Sawfly?; Has the Boogie-Woogie Aphid Danced Off into the Sunset?; Oleander Aphids; and Bagworm Response.
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Slime Flux/Wet Wood and Moist Chamber.
5. TURF TIPS: Turf Disease Activity.
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: White Pine Weevil has Left the Building; Magnolia Scale Crawls; Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) Awareness Month, Part 4; A Tree Story; and Latest from the 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Ohio Plant Diagnostic Workshop - September 5; Farm Science Review; Pesticide Safety Training - September 24; Arboreatum Feast, Part Deux: Maple Syrup Tasting Is Added To The Mix!; Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Training - October 8; The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course (Formerly the Nursery Short. Course) December 9 - 11; and Tri-State Green Industry Conference.