What Is It?
- Professional Training: the Walk-Abouts are for Green Industry professionals (arborists, landscapers, turf managers, nursery managers, etc.).
- Comprehensive: participants look at plants, plant pests, plant diseases, landscape designs, and other points of interest. Discussions focus on plant problem diagnostics, plant health management, plant selection, and sustainable landscape designs.
- Hands-On: the training is held outdoors; topics are viewed first-hand.
- Real-World: the Walk-Abouts reflect real-world landscape scouting; anything found on the Walk-Abouts is open for consideration!
- Up-to-Date: updates are provided on newly emerging plant health issues (e.g. pest outbreaks, non-native invasives, changes to pesticide labeling, etc.)
Times: Each Walk-About is held from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Dates and Locations: The six Southwest Ohio BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts are held once a month on Mondays from April-thru-September. Dates and locations:
- April 10: Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum, 4521 Spring Grove Ave., Cincinnati, 45232
- May 22: Stanley M. Rowe Arboretum, 4600 Muchmore Rd., Indian Hill, 45243
- June 12: Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, 3400 Vine St., Cincinnati, 45220 [use the parking lot with the photoelectric panels that's off Vine St.]
- July 10: Glenwood Gardens [Great Parks of Hamilton County], 10623 Springfield Pike, Woodlawn, 45215
- August 14: Mt. Airy Forest & Arboretum, 5083 Colerain Ave., Cincinnati, 45223
- September 11: Boone County Arboretum, 9190 Camp Ernst Road, Union, Kentucky 41091
Monday, October 2: 20th Annual Bluegrass-Buckeye BYGLive! in the Lexington, KY, region: location TBA (requires a separate registration). This will be a "capstone" training event reserved for participants in the 2017 S.W. Ohio BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-About Training Series.
Registration and Fee Payment:
- There will be a one-time registration fee of $50.00 that covers your participation in the first six monthly BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts. You only pay a one-time fee of $50.00 whether you attend one, two, three, or all six standard Walk-Abouts. If you attend all six, that's $50 for 18 hours of training! Note: A single payment can be used to cover different people attending different sessions.
- Register online by clicking on the "BYGLive! Walk-Abouts Online Registration" hotlink under "More Information" below.