This is the 25th 2014 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Osteospermum or Cape Daisy); Perennial (Amsonia, Blue Star); Woody (Dawn Redwood); and Weed (Jerusalem Artichoke).
2. HORT SHORTS: No Report.
3. BUGBYTES: Hickory Tussock Moth; Orangestriped Oakworm; European Hornets Cause Concern; Boring Black Locust; Soldier Beetles; and Windshield Wipes (Baldfaced Hornets and Fall Webworm).
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Bird's Nest Fungus.
5. TURF TIPS: Synergistic Turf Practices...Winterize Me!
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Asian Longhorned Beetle Update and Ambrosia Beetles Once Again Active.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Pesticide Safety Training - September 24; Arboreatum Feast, Part Deux: Maple Syrup Tasting is Added to the Mix!; Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Training - October 8; The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course (Formerly the Nursery Short. Course) December 9 - 11; and Tri-State Green Industry Conference.