In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Dahlia); Perennial (Compass Plant); Woody (Common Buttonbush); Vegetable (Peppers); and Weed (Kudzu).
2. HORT SHORTS: Keep a Lookout for Porcelain-Berry, A Walk on the Wildside: Bird Blurb; A Walk on the Wildside: Sandhill Cranes
3. BUGBYTES: Escalating Sunflower Head-Clipping Weevil; More Coneflower Calamities; Blister Beetle on Tomatoes; Cicada Killers are on the Wing; Sycamore Seed Bugs; Sumac Aphid Galls
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Be Alert for Boxwood Blight; Black Rot Control in Grapes; Pathological Erratum; Guignardia Leaf Blotch Red Alert; Aster Yellows on Coneflower
5. TURF TIPS: Horse Slobbers…What?
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Mimosa Webworm
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Save The Date - Northwest Ohio Green Industry Summer Session - August 5, 2015; Wildlife Nuisance Class; Tree Tours & Talks; and The OSU Green Industry Short Course, The Ohio Turfgrass Foundation Conference and Show, and Trees on Tap Programs.
******HOW TO: BUCKEYE YARD AND GARDEN LINE SUPPORT. The Ohio State University (OSU) Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL) writers need your support to continue this newsletter. OSU puts a great deal of resources into this project and we do not receive funding necessary for full support. We know you like BYGL, as in the 2014 Reader's Survey respondents indicated BYGL saved them $2.45 million dollars, 96% indicated BYGL was useful in their jobs, and 87% indicated BYGL helped with their diagnostic skills.
Funds will support on-going work of the Ohio State University Extension Nursery Landscape and Turf Team in matters regarding preparation, compilation and travel for the weekly April-October BYGL e-newsletter. Expenditures will include but not be limited to equipment such as cameras, upgrades of computers and related devices, management of the website, editing and webinar costs, and travel reimbursements.
Here's how you show your support:
This is the direct link to the OSU giving site: http://go.osu.edu/byglsupport .
Go to https://www.giveto.osu.edu/makeagift/OnlineGivingDonation.aspx?fund=315145 and click on "search," then enter the fund number into the box. The fund number is 315145 and the name is Buckeye Yard & Garden Support. The fund, its name and description will appear in a new, smaller box. Click "Select this fund."
Then, you can either leave the default $100 in or change it; and fill out the remaining form (name, address, etc.). The form will walk you through. You can either do a one-time gift or recurring (monthly, etc.).
Also, if you would like to make a larger gift, please contact Jennifer Heller ( email@example.com ), the Director of Development for the OSU College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences with your name and contact information. Jennifer's cell phone number 614.975.1317 and she will be more than happy to speak with you.