This is the 21st 2015 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Verbena); Perennial (Sedum); Woody (Amur Corktree); Vegetable (Squash); and Weed (Common Ragweed).
2. HORT SHORTS: Tree Leaves Dropping Early Means…What?; A Walk on the Wildside: Raucous Raccoons; and A Walk on the Wildside: American Goldfinches.
3. BUGBYTES: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Damage on Tomato; Spined Micrathena Spiders; Mega Wasps Drilling Trees; New Factsheet - Mystery Bugs and Bites; and Windshield Wipe (Erineum Patches).
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Buckeyes Blasted By Blight.
5. TURF TIPS: Big Wasps Cruising over Turfgrass and Gray Leaf Spot in Ohio.
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: TCD Diagnostic Challenge and Farm Science Review Is Almost Here!
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Farm Science Review and The OSU Green Industry Short Course, The Ohio Turfgrass Foundation Conference and Show, and Trees on Tap Programs.
******HOW TO: BUCKEYE YARD AND GARDEN LINE SUPPORT. The Ohio State University (OSU) Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL) writers need your support to continue this newsletter. OSU puts a great deal of resources into this project and we do not receive funding necessary for full support. We know you like BYGL, as in the 2014 Reader's Survey respondents indicated BYGL saved them $2.45 million dollars, 96% indicated BYGL was useful in their jobs, and 87% indicated BYGL helped with their diagnostic skills.
Funds will support on-going work of the Ohio State University Extension Nursery Landscape and Turf Team in matters regarding preparation, compilation and travel for the weekly April-October BYGL e-newsletter. Expenditures will include but not be limited to equipment such as cameras, upgrades of computers and related devices, management of the website, editing and webinar costs, and travel reimbursements.
Here's how you show your support:
This is the direct link to the OSU giving site: http://go.osu.edu/byglsupport .
Go to https://www.giveto.osu.edu/makeagift/OnlineGivingDonation.aspx?fund=315145 and click on "search," then enter the fund number into the box. The fund number is 315145 and the name is Buckeye Yard & Garden Support. The fund, its name and description will appear in a new, smaller box. Click "Select this fund."
Then, you can either leave the default $100 in or change it; and fill out the remaining form (name, address, etc.). The form will walk you through. You can either do a one-time gift or recurring (monthly, etc.).
Also, if you would like to make a larger gift, please contact Jennifer Heller (email@example.com), the Director of Development for the OSU College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences with your name and contact information. Jennifer's cell phone number 614.975.1317 and she will be more than happy to speak with you.