This is the 24th 2014 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Coleus); Perennial (Beebalm); Woody (Baldcypress); Vegetable (Sweet Corn); and Weed (Purslane).
2. HORT SHORTS: New OSU Cultivar Trials App.
3. BUGBYTES: Cypress Twig Gall Midge; Eriophyid Bladder Galls; Baldfaced Hornet Nests Becoming Apparent; It’s All Too Much (Beetles Blamed for Death of George Harrison Memorial Tree); and Windshield Wipes (Bagworm & Planthoppers).
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Why Are There Black Spots On My Siding? - Artillery Fungus; Disease Report from Crablandia.
5. TURF TIPS: Patch Disease Update; Summer Decline of Rough Bluegrass.
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Magnolia Serpentine Leafminer Caterpillar.
7. WEATHERWATCH: Weather Update.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: NW Ohio Green Industry Summer Session; Chainsaw Safety Workshops; Pesticide Safety Training - August; Pesticide Safety Training - September; and Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection Training; The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course.