This is the 21st 2014 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Heliotrope); Perennial (Hibiscus); Woody (Swamp White Oak); Vegetable (Spaghetti Squash); and Weed (Giant Ragweed).
2. HORT SHORTS: Meet the Educator - Erik Draper.
3. BUGBYTES: Dusky Birch Sawfly; Yellownecked Caterpillars; Along Came a Spider; Antlions Roar; and Have You Seen Any Bagworms?
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Walnut Leaves to Start Falling (Walnut Anthracnose).
5. TURF TIPS: Ideal Time For Lawn Renovation Nearing - Are You Ready?
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Redheaded Pine Sawfly; Zimmerman Pine Moth; and Latest: 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Pesticide Safety Training - August 27; Plant Trials Day at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden - August 28; Ohio Plant Diagnostic Workshop - September 5; Farm Science Review; Pesticide Safety Training - September 24; Arboreatum Feast, Part Deux: Maple Syrup Tasting Is Added To The Mix!; Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Training - October 8; The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course (Formerly the Nursery Short. Course) December 9 - 11; and Tri-State Green Industry Conference.