This is the 28th 2014 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Perennial (Chrysanthemum); Woody (Sassafrass); Vegetable (Sweet Potato); and Weed (Common Chickweed).
2. HORT SHORTS: Autumntime and the Eating is…Delicious and Book Review: "Delira and Excira: Visions of the Flowers of Spring".
3. BUGBYTES: Cicada Parasite Beetles Mating.
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Fungi Amongi.
5. TURF TIPS: Fall Crane Flies on the Wing and More on Grubs.
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Two Programs for the Price of One! And Special to BYGL: Inside the Fence.
8. COMING ATTRACTIONS: The 87th Ohio State University Green Industry Short Course (Formerly the Nursery Short Course) December 9 - 11; and Tri-State Green Industry Conference.