This is the 26th 2015 edition of the Buckeye Yard and Garden Line (BYGL). BYGL is developed from a Tuesday morning conference call of Extension Educators, Specialists, and other contributors in Ohio.
In This Issue:
1. PLANTS OF THE WEEK: Annual (Ornamental Peppers); Perennial (Little Bluestem); Woody (Osage Orange); Vegetable (Spaghetti Squash); and Weed (Oriental Bittersweet).
2. HORT SHORTS: Using The CWEPPDC Is A Good Investment; A Walk On The Wildside: To Feed Or Not To Feed (The Ruby-Throated Hummingbird and Eastern Bluebird); and Protecting Trees From Deer Rubs.
3. BUGBYTES: Grasshoppers Abound; and Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs On The Move
4. DISEASE DIGEST: Bacterial Scorch On Oaks.
5. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Don’t Move Firewood – It Still Bugs Me!
7. COMING ATTRACTIONS: Septic Systems Program; NW Ohio Woodland Owners Workshop; The OSU Green Industry Short Course, The Ohio Turfgrass Foundation Conference and Tradeshow, and Trees on Tap.
APPENDIX - Additional Website Resources.
PLEASE MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO KEEP THE BYGL RUNNING! If you value the information we provide in the BYGL and want the newsletter to continue, we need your help! The Ohio State University (OSU) provides significant resources for producing the BYGL, but we do not receive funding necessary for full support. If we do not receive sufficient funding through your contributions, we will need to consider all options including discontinuing the BYGL.
To support the BYGL, visit the OSU BYGL gift site: http://go.osu.edu/byglsupport.
You can make a corporate gift or personal gift and you can give one time or monthly. You can also make your gift a "Tribute" contribution in honor or in memory of someone. The default contribution is $100; however, you can click any of the boxes under "Select a gift amount." Or, you can select to "Enter a gift amount" to contribute any amount.
If you have any questions about giving to support the BYGL or to support OSU, please contact Jennifer Heller ( firstname.lastname@example.org), the Director of Development for the OSU College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences with your name and contact information. Jennifer's cell phone number 614.975.1317 and she will be more than happy to speak with y